Jeromes Furniture - Couches falling apart! Cheap Chinese Junk!!

We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months.Each time, all he did was to not say anything about the issue, take a couple of pictures with his phone and call his office.

Then handed me the phone to talk to a customer service agent who claimed it was a warranty issue. The electric reclining system caused the back of the couch to tear into the drywall. The couch sags when reclined, the paper thin fabric is wearing through in at least 30 areas regardless time being used, the padding has collapsed so it literally feels like we're sitting on a wood bench. Every complaint we've made is ignored.

Oh yeah, we were told that Jerry personally selected the materials.I will be suing them in small claims court!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Low Quality Couch
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #514716 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jeromes Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 2 No 2
Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 02, 2015 #1072690 Washington, District Of Columbia

Oh wow! That is my identical set, down to the color. Same tears are on my set. Suing, hum? I hadn't thought about that. That may be an option. This furniture cost too much to be so paper thin! The warranty is a joke and doesn't cover anything... Those tears are the result of crapy fabric, that should be covered.

Apr 19, 2015 #973744

Just wondering if you did proceed in suing them? If so what was the result? Thinking if doing the same.

Apr 19, 2015 #973820 Murrieta, California

I haven't sued them yet. I will post the information when I do. The vinyl is so thin and stretchable, that at Glad brand waste bag is a better quality.

Mar 05, 2015 #954636 San Diego, California

Hello, did you serve Jerome's? If so, who did you serve or name? We may need to take them to court and would appreciate this information. We have a property damage claim with them and if anyone knows who their insurance carrier is, we would appreciate knowing this as well. Thank you.

Apr 19, 2015 #973821 Murrieta, California

I will be in the next couple of weeks and post the information here.

Feb 06, 2015 #941940 Dayton, Ohio

It's cheap furniture, it looks cheap. You wasted your money on junk and should have been able to tell by looking at it that it wasn't any good. You might get lucky with the warranty but for goodness sake, save up your money and get something better next time.

0 2 Reply

Dec 21, 2014 #919254 Charlotte, North Carolina

Be sure you have the receipt especially if it's only 3 months old. I am sure it is still warranty.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jeromes Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Jeromes Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about