I am going to try to keep this short and to the point although it took several months and my talking to over 20 people to get absolutely nothing done! I was given the run-around by every department, every manager and every sales associate and every delivery manager you can possibly think of.
We ordered a sectional and three separate times, they brought us damaged replacement furniture. I have written about that already but what I didn't write about was that when the "delivery men" (what a joke) delivered our first set, they scratched and gouged several areas on our wood floor. Jadda, Jadda, Jadda, long story short, we took pictures, the owner of the delivery service who contracts with Jerome's for delivery came out and assured us they would take care of it. They had to have by law, a million dollars of coverage to even be in business in case something like this ever happened! BS! BS! BS! Diakon has no coverage!! If they damage your home, your floor, your door, whatever, you are in for the biggest delay and scam tactics of your life! After months and months of delay, we finally went through our own insurance company. Our insurance company would then take them to subrogation to collect the money paid out. Guess what??? No Insurance!!!
I also want to say that during this time, they (Diakon or their reps) tried to submit pictures of someone else's floor damage to minimize the claim. Are you friggin' kidding me? That wasn't even our floor! So...beware of Jerome's delivery people...the company, like Jerome's isn't insured for damage caused by them even though they will tell you it's no problem and they will take care of it, it's a lie...Jerry trained them well. Below are pieces of the couch that scratched the floor when they brought it in and positioned it after dropping the couch off of the truck because the truck had no lift; they broke our screen door and damaged our door jamb; another scratch on our solid wood floor. It was a nightmare! Incompetence...thy name is Jerome's and Diakon.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- I will never do business with them
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Pay my insurance company back so that I can get my deductible back!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Jeromes Furniture Sectional Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "Were so excited for our new couch that we spent $800 on. We paid $90 for shipping. On the day of delivery we noticed a tare in our brand new..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "The hurricane wv (teays valley) store has the greatest employees of all speedways in our area. But i am legally blind. Once a month i get a hot chocolate using..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized. The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "I bought two pieces of jewelery from this site & paid inflated shipping of $10.95 per piece (seller would not combine). The pictures grossly misrepresented the product. If you can..."