I am going to try to keep this short and to the point although it took several months and my talking to over 20 people to get absolutely nothing done! I was given the run-around by every department, every manager and every sales associate and every delivery manager you can possibly think of.
We ordered a sectional and three separate times, they brought us damaged replacement furniture. I have written about that already but what I didn't write about was that when the "delivery men" (what a joke) delivered our first set, they scratched and gouged several areas on our wood floor. Jadda, Jadda, Jadda, long story short, we took pictures, the owner of the delivery service who contracts with Jerome's for delivery came out and assured us they would take care of it. They had to have by law, a million dollars of coverage to even be in business in case something like this ever happened! BS! BS! BS! Diakon has no coverage!! If they damage your home, your floor, your door, whatever, you are in for the biggest delay and scam tactics of your life! After months and months of delay, we finally went through our own insurance company. Our insurance company would then take them to subrogation to collect the money paid out. Guess what??? No Insurance!!!
I also want to say that during this time, they (Diakon or their reps) tried to submit pictures of someone else's floor damage to minimize the claim. Are you friggin' kidding me? That wasn't even our floor! So...beware of Jerome's delivery people...the company, like Jerome's isn't insured for damage caused by them even though they will tell you it's no problem and they will take care of it, it's a lie...Jerry trained them well. Below are pieces of the couch that scratched the floor when they brought it in and positioned it after dropping the couch off of the truck because the truck had no lift; they broke our screen door and damaged our door jamb; another scratch on our solid wood floor. It was a nightmare! Incompetence...thy name is Jerome's and Diakon.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- I will never do business with them
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Pay my insurance company back so that I can get my deductible back!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Jeromes Furniture Sectional Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "Extremely disappointed with Jerome's oops proof! Can not believe they way they handle their customers. I purchased a dinning table set and when you file a claim only..."
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "My first order from Schwans will be my last! I tried out their products not because of convenience but because it sounded interesting. I received a box of..."
- "Hey, Carl's Jr- are you adding appetizers to your menu, but you forgot to tell the public? After hours in traffic I decided not to cook tonight so I..."
- "The perfume scammers at Scentura won't give Investigative guy John Mattes a manager job.Why do they always kick him out from all the offices he goes to . What..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "I ordered a dress Nov. 15 , they said it would be shipped in 4-7 days. They took the payment, I paid with my debit card. And to this day..."
- "I went to get my hair colored the same color of my highlights and by the time she was finished my hair was white, silver, and an off blonde. Yet..."